Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Questions for a Wedding Venue


The Cotillion in Blue Springs www.cotillionweddings.com


Cover the Basics:
·         Are you available on my date?
·         How many events take place on one day?
·         How many guests does the facility hold comfortably? For sit down? For cocktail?
·         How long may the event last?

Ceremony Details:
·         Is there a location for a ceremony? Additional fee?
·         Do chairs need to rented for guest seating?
·         Are there any restrictions for a unity candle?
·         Will the room need to be flipped after the ceremony? How long will a flip take?
·         Will there be time the day prior to the wedding for a rehearsal? How long may the rehearsal last?
·         Are there separate rooms for the bride and groom to utilize prior to the wedding?
·         Is there a backup plan in case of bad weather?
·         Can a tent be placed on hold in case of inclement weather? 

Reception Details:
·         Do you have any decoration restrictions?
·         Are open flames allowed?
·         Is a dance floor provided?
·         Are linens included or an additional charge?
·         Are china and glassware provided or available for an additional charge?
·         May I use your in-house equipment (microphone, sound system, etc.)? Fee?
·         How many restrooms are available?

Food & Beverage:
·         May I bring in my own caterer? Can family provide the food?
·         Is there a F&B minimum I must fulfill?
·         Do you provide a tasting? Is there a fee?
·         May I bring in my own alcohol? Bartender, set-up, or corkage fee?
·         Is red wine allowed?
·         Is there a cake-cutting fee?

Guest Relations:
·         Where will my guests park?
·         Do you offer valet? Fee?
·         Do you provide a coat check? Fee?
·         Is the venue handicap accessible?
·         When is my final guest count due?

Staffing Solutions:
·         Will someone be on site throughout my event?
·         What are your staffing rates for servers and bartenders? 

Wedding Vendors:
·         Do you have a preferred vendor list?
·         May I select vendors outside of your preferred vendor list? If so, is there an additional fee?
·         Are there any vendor restrictions?
·         Do you have a service elevator vendors may use?

Set-up & Break-down:
·         When will I get access to the facility for set-up?
·         Is there a fee for you to complete set-up?
·         Who will set up the tables and chairs?
·         What clean-up am I responsible for?

Contract Details:
·         Is there an off-season rental rate?
·         What deposit is required to hold the date?
·         When is the remaining balance due?
·         Do I need to purchase event insurance?
·         Do I need to provide security?
·         What are the overtime charges?
·         What is your cancellation policy?
·         What are the standard service charges associated with my event? Typically 20%
·         Are taxes included?
·         If hotel: Are there special room rates for the bride and grooms suite?
·         Can I review the contract before signing?
·        Can I get a proposal with all requested services?


0 comments:

Post a Comment